Alright, okay! Quit your crying— you're gonna tell the whole damn mountain you're here!
If Arlen was lucky, it'd be an angry mother that did not ask some teenage nuisance to babysit. If they were unlucky, well... Arlen was perhaps the nicest thing the boy could have run into as he bumbled about the mountainside.
Moving over to the nook the boy wailed from, Arlen leaned to look into the opening. As much as they could, anyway.
You've gone and got yourself real stuck, didn't you?It was of no surprise to Arlen. Whether or not they themself had wound up in a similar situation at the boy's age had absolutely no bearing on this fact.
Give me your paw, alright? It might hurt a bit but I don't think I can grab your scruff just yet. I'll pull your leg just until I can get a better hold of you. That okay?


