Whatever mad flurry of thoughts now paraded through Iufni's mind, Osamu remained blissfully unaware. He'd never been particularly adept at reading faces, and the boy might as well have been a locked fortress for all he could discern; even more ironically, perhaps it was the oncoming effects of age making his perception all the worse.
The bowing - the bowing was terrible, it made him feel terrible, but he would endure.
Ah, I meant - this particular event - I heard someone say it was Ancestral Day?he ventured, hoping he'd gotten that right. It looked separate from the rest of the wedding in some fashion, but perhaps he had been mistaken.
Of the wedding, I congratulate the royal couple.
The boy's mention of war had him intrigued. What strife could create conflict within such an auspicious family? Surely it was not for want of food or drink; of that, they appeared to have plenty.
We are a Japanese clan led by the Empress Izumi Fujiwara, residing in the distant south and as far to the west as the setting sun,he said.
We follow honor, prosperity, and peace; it is our belief that violence should only be utilized as a last resort. I personally ascribe to this, for history is full of enough bodies.
Many of them I have carved myself, he thought grimly.
![[Image: ZvwmV36.png]](https://i.imgur.com/ZvwmV36.png)








