She dips her head after him, pleased by the small show of respect, even if she was an undeserving recipient.
I am,she confirms, her tail giving the slightest swish by her ankles.
I serve as a shrine maiden, though I am on a brief leave.The reason for which should be clear enough, evidence swelling her sides and weighing her down. Another small smile forms on her lips at the next question, and her voice is a bit lighter, nearly joking as she responds:
That would depend on you, I believe. It would be cruel to drive you away without cause - it's not as though you can choose where you wake in this place.
A cramp seizes her flanks and Nana sucks in a short breath. These false contractions have been a boon recently, disruptive and irritating, though the cramp is followed by a series of strange little fluttering kicks that Nana has grown fond of. There is fear in the unknown of it all, but Nana cannot deny the affection she's beginning to feel.
She sighs when the false contraction ends, settling into a seated position to take the pressure off of her limbs and allow herself to rest.
Forgive my lack of composure,she tells the man, her countenance taking on a sheepish quality.
There are far better wolves to be greeted by.Better faces of Fujiwara to welcome him in. Nana is unused to be the one to greet a stranger in the first place, much less while being so... cumbersome. It's a bit embarrassing, she has to admit.
