Instead, she’d packed things that might actually matter. Dried meat, a pair of rabbits, and several smaller bundles of herbs tucked carefully between them: yarrow, calendula, chamomile, whatever Eastrenhold could reasonably spare without leaving itself short. There were probably prettier gifts she could have brought. Flowers, feathers, something ceremonial. Food and medicine seemed better. Especially after what Raelan said had happened.
Kiva adjusted the bundle against her side as she neared Camhamanaich’s territory, slowing once the unfamiliar scents became stronger. Her ears tipped forward, then sideways, taking in everything around her before she finally stopped near the border. She didn’t cross, though.
Instead, she settled the bundle carefully at her paws and lifted her head. “Hello?” she called, loud enough for her voice to carry without turning it into a shout. “My name is Kiva. I’m an ambassador here from Eastrenhold.” She paused, gaze drifting briefly toward the supplies before returning to the territory ahead.
“Raelan asked that I come check in with Camhamanaich.” Her voice softened just slightly. “We heard what happened. I brought what food and medical supplies we could spare, and I wanted to see if there was anything else your people needed.”
![[Image: imyxkXzyD9ASJpYJML0ldh8Bh8jC6ArVmBwcPLG8.png]](https://xanje-gallery.s3.amazonaws.com/user_files/imyxkXzyD9ASJpYJML0ldh8Bh8jC6ArVmBwcPLG8.png)


